WhatsApp is a social chat messenger application.It can be downloaded on most phones, and other devices. It can be used on Wi-Fi or on your phone data to connect. There other features like free phone calls, group chats, broadcasting messages, sending files, video sharing as well as photo sharing too.
WhatsApp isn’t only for social networking it can also be used for learning – by sharing files, broadcasting messages, asking questions, or having discussion, creating groups and more.
User Guide: Getting Started
Before you download and install WhatsApp, make sure WhatsApp supports your phone type. Please check this here.
To download WhatsApp, visit this link on your phone. Once installed, ensure that the friends who you wish to message have WhatsApp installed on their phones. If they do not show up under the Favorites screen (Contacts tab on Android), carefully add their numbers to your phone contacts:
- Enter the number the same as you would if you were to make a phone call to that person. Double check to make sure you entered the number correctly.
- If this is an international phone number, do not use any exit codes or leading 0s. Start all international phone numbers with a + sign, followed by the country code. For specific examples and instructions, see this article.
- Open WhatsApp and refresh your Favorites list (Contacts tab on Android).
Retrieved from https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/21073018
- Only add people you want to talk
- When creating a group make sure everyone in the group is ok with their phone number being shared
- Only have it connected to your Wi-Fi for data and not your phone data
- Keep groups organized
- Change to show or not show date stamp when you were online last, setting default is everyone can see when you were online last.
- Leave groups you chose not to talk in anymore.
Would you use WhatsApp for learning and how?
Leave your comments below.
Toscany Academy. (2016). how-to-whatsapp-chat-messenger-for-education-and-learning-purposes. Retrieved from http://toscanyacademy.com: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/thesis-project-topics-and-materials/edutech/how-to-whatsapp-chat-messenger-for-education-and-learning-purposes